Justin from ‘Coconutsy’ shows us how easy it is to make coconut bowls from raw coconut shells!
It’s super easy to make your own coconut bowl. All you need is a coconut shell and a few simple tools to make your own rustic bowls!
If you purchase a coconut shell from the market or supermarket you can cut the coconut shell in half using a saw. Or you can purchase one here from ‘Coconutsy’ that is ready to go.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Coconut Shell
- Sandpaper – course and medium grit.
- Coconut Oil.
- Linseed Oil – or any food-safe lacquer (optional)
- Use sandpaper to sand the entire outside surface of the coconut shell until you get the desired effect.
- Work lightly if you don’t want to remove too much of the natural texture.
- Using a cloth, rub the inside and outside of the bowl with coconut oil. Coconut oil will seal and bring out the natural shine of the coconut bowl.
Note: The coconut shell will look darker after you apply coconut oil.
- Let the coconut shell dry for 1 hour and apply coconut oil again.
- Optional – After your bowl is dry, brush some linseed oil on the outside of the bowl. You will need to repeat this step drying in between to 100% seal your coconut bowl.
Connect here with ‘Coconutsy’